Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Steeped in history, suspicion and folklore, Friday the 13th holds differing meanings for each person. For me, it's a great day. A happy and luck filled day. A day that brings a smile.


And this is a special day. Today is the third time the 13th has fallen on a Friday this year. We also celebrated the day in February and March.  A year with so many Friday the 13ths won't happen again until 2015.

So, what do you think of Friday the 13th? Any superstitions? Or, is it just another day to get through before the weekend? 

3 comments:

  1. I'm late posting but ever since I met my husband (20 years ago) I've given up my superstitions about Friday the 13th because his birthday is on the 13th. It was yesterday, in fact! So it's a good day for us too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic. Is that your baby?
    Friday the 13th...hmm, I give it a slight pause, but bottom line, there is no bad Friday:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra,
    Goku is my brother's cat, but is certainly a sweetie. Very much cat in personality. :)

    Julie,
    Happy birthday to your DH!

    ReplyDelete