Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy New Year--September Style


I 'celebrated' a birthday last weekend with friends and family. And a beautious angelfood cake with icing so sweet it made my teeth hurt. A wonderful time.

A friend, who also recently enjoyed a birthday, spoke of how she considers her birthday the start of a new year, a time to make changes and resolutions. I thought that a marvelous idea, really much better than starting anew on January first. There's just something about that time when everyone's making resolutions--knowing they're probably going to fail anyway.

Been there too many times--done that just about as many.

So, I'm taking Eve's words to heart. I've started a new year in my life, and it's going to be grand!

Making changes is hard. Concrete boots at the bottom of the river have nothing on the holding power of my current habits of procrastination and non-activity. I'll admit it. However, I have made steps in the right direction. And plans for more steps. One step at a time.

Don't cha just love platitudes?

Did you know there's only 100 days left in 2010? So, for one of my changes, I'm joining with others in my local RWA chapter, Heartland Writers Group, in a Power 100 Challenge to write at least 100 words a day for 100 days. Returning to a firm habit of daily writing will not only keep me on track as an author, but make my soul smile.

photo by John Shaver

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Birthday! I enjoyed your reflections on change. One step at a time, one milestone at a time.

    ReplyDelete