Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ray Bradbury--Always an Inspiration

The passing of anyone you admire brings on interesting emotions. Today Ray Bradbury left this existence. I'm saddened by the news, of course, but the memories of his tales make me smile. Known for his speculative fiction, his stories are none the less filled with the realities of life, and the people who live those lives. And as a reader and writer, his Fahrenheit 451 is particularly frightening.




I especially remember the Ray Bradbury Theater, a syndicated series in the late 80's early 90's. Many of the teleplays were adapted from his stories--and introduced by the author himself. 


This world has lost a number of influential folks lately, including many of my favorite authors. Hmm, I think I'll be visiting my bookshelf for some re-reads!

3 comments:

  1. Bradbury is one of those authors I've always meant to read, but haven't. Maybe I should go take care of that now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do, Mary.
    He's got a fascinating lifetime of tales to choose from.

    ReplyDelete