Thursday, November 17, 2011

Homemade Bread Day

November 17 is Homemade Bread day!  Imagine the bright yeasty smell of bread just pulled from the oven. Sweet or savory, fresh bread is a treat too many of us forego in our busy lives. Even stopping at a bakery for a loaf takes planning and time, but isn't it worth the thrill on your taste buds?


Thank goodness many grocery stores now carry a wide variety of freshly baked breads.


I enjoy baking bread, for more than just the lovely aroma. I love the feel of the dough, the soft, elasticity that comes from proper kneading. The stretch and pull as the gluten knits together. Mmmm.


I'm planning on making a huge batch of my special sweet dough next week in preparation for holiday gatherings. Since my shoulders won't take the amount of kneading needing :) to be done, I'll prep the dough at work where I have a large mixer with a sturdy dough hook.


But don't worry. I'll still be getting my hands involved. I can almost feel that perfect texture now.


So, do you make your own bread? What's your favorite kind to make--or eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment