Thursday, October 27, 2011

Another automotive Milestone

When Monte's tires were replaced, the mechanics switched the odometer from trip to the full mileage counter. Not that I pay too much attention--except to see how many miles I can possibly go before having to buy gas. (Which is this afternoon, right after work--or I won't make it home!)

But I did glance down yesterday to discover Monte was only a few miles away from flipping over to a 0000 number. That's always fun.

So this morning, I watched closely. Luckily, there was no other traffic on the street at just the right moment, so I drove slowly. Watching. Waiting.

Then finally--cheering as Monte hit 170,000 miles! Congratulations to Monte! It's been a tough road, but look at how far we've gone. :)

this isn't my Monte--too clean--but he looks pretty much like this

No comments:

Post a Comment