Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cold Desk Woes

As the lunch lady I spend quite a bit of time in the kitchen cooking. Until I have to make a trip to the walk-in cooler and freezer, the temperature at this time of year is usually pretty nice for working. 


As the lunch lady I spend quite a bit of time at my desk menu planning and ordering, doing required paperwork, blogging (no really, some of it is work related). My desk is also where I take my breaks. Unfortunately, the desk is in a corner of the kitchen where the air paths of two vents intersect and gather. Which means... sometimes it feels as cold as the walk-in.
 I know I'm not the only person who suffers from an overly cool work station, but I mean, really... How is anyone expected to produce optimum results when your fingers are so cold you can hardly type. At least I have the opportunity to go stand by the stove or ovens to warm up. And I do keep a sweater here, today may be the day it comes out of the drawer for the winter.


As fall continues to get cooler (at home we went from open windows to the furnace in one day. Sheesh.) I'll get more accustomed to the cooler temps. But, not at my desk. Yeah, I've put a thermometer on the shelf above my desk. It's gotten down to 62.


Okay, enough whining on this **100 blog challenge**. Besides, it's time to start cooking lunch for the kids! Oh, oven warmth. How wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I have to put a little space heater at my feet in the winter. I'm not a cold person, but I have to have my feet warm.

    And I have foot heating pads my hubby got me from Ferris Wheels on etsy. The kind you warm in the microwave. Boy do I LOVE those!

    ReplyDelete