Monday, September 23, 2013

The Challenge of a Challenge

September 23. Besides being just a day in September, it also the day that marks only 100 days left in the year. So, it's time for a challenge or two--because I do love a 100 day challenge.

I've offered up the first challenge to my local writers group, Romance Authors of the Heartland. That challenge is to write 100 words a day for these last 100 days of 2013. Even if not a single word more is written, that's 10,000 words. A short story. A healthy portion of a novel. Easy peasy. The thing is... in order to do any challenge, no matter how small, one needs to be committed. Sometimes that's not the easiest challenge after all.

I have committed myself to these 100 daily words.

And, I'm also challenging myself to blog here every day. Some days you might find some thoughts that actually come from MY brain. Other days I'll share a favorite song or parody. Or some other bit of this and that. You never know what may interest me from day to day.

The challenge I face right now--the home computer crashed. I did have warning, but still... Later today I'll switch out the damaged 'puter with an older one that's been sitting around the house waiting to be donated. Hopefully it will work fine after a long rest and cover the gap until other new and exciting arrangements are made. It's a Monday, as typical as any Monday can be. Discovered water all over the floor at work. Not a joy at 6:30 in the morning. But hey, I'm handy and turned off the water to that device. It just means I don't have any hot water in my prep sink. We won't even go into the number of out of stock items in my delivery.

I'm smilin' in the face of these minor challenges. Really, I am. To help us all smile, here's my current favorite parody!

No comments:

Post a Comment